Monday, August 2, 2010

Reese's Blessing Day

So I've had this plan for a while now to make my wedding dress into a baby's blessing dress... as luck would have it I had a baby GIRL and finally got the chance to really do it! I pulled it out of storage and had to take a few picts of it, and me in it, before I took it all apart...Parker took a picture for me... I got it zipped ha ha but not buttoned... FOUR kids later my body will never be the same again!!!
I then took a whole bunch of pictures of Reese ON it... some of them turned out super cute!!





These are some of my favorites... they show the pretty details of the dress and of course cute Reese!
one last picture... it went from THIS....
to THIS!!!
I LOVE how it turned out... I got a pattern and just used the basics of it...I have yet to ever follow a pattern exactly step by step... mostly cause I'm lazy and half cause I don't know enough about sewing terms.. it was a little harder to do than I thought it would be cause I was having to sew pieces together to make a whole piece to work with... like the bodice of the dress came from TWO pieces of the back of the bodice from my dress... and for the main bottom parts I had to sew two pieces together... anyways I do have to say I'm very proud of myself, ha ha, I had all my seams line up and even did a zipper! woo hoo, sounds lame but zippers are hard and getting the seams lined up can be a bit of a challenge too! So for somewhat of a rookie seamstress I did pretty good, I would not recommend doing this unless your somewhat experienced cause there is little to no room for error... I almost made a wrong cut on a crucial piece of fabric luckily I caught it... I also recommend not doing it late at night when your tired ha ha, that's when I almost messed up! would have been tragic! anyways super fun and super sentimental!!
Reese was blessed August 1, 2010 at 9:00am in the Park Ward Sandy Central Stake!~Proud mom & dad!!!
after the blessing we all came back to our house for a big pancake breakfast!! It was super yummy and lots of FUN! Thanks to everyone for you LOVE & SUPPORT~

Ben & Emery, Shea & Brynlee, Amy & Chad
my grandparents Ross & Donna Bevan
The cookers of the feast, Chris
Andy, Jesse and Chris
my parents Kathy & Bruce (and Reese)
Brads parents Ken & Mary
Jenny & I pouring drinks
Elli, Kalli and Andy's little girl!
Shea & Bryn
my little Bro Jesse
Brooke & Matt


Brad & Mary
My beautiful sisters and me! Brooke~Kara~me~Kalli
Sydney
and our good friends Tom and Annie
Thanks to Mary for taking all these great picts of our special day!!
I had to take a picture of the sky later that night, it was CRAZY, look how beautiful!!
We had a great day full of family, friends and fun!

5 comments:

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

Jen...
Let me just say... YOUR ONE TALENTED WOMAN! I was in awe of your sewing skills. Her blessing dress magnificent. Just stunning.. Probably one of the cutest blessing dresses i've ever seen. By the way.. um i cant believe you still fit into your wedding dress after 4 kids. You probably have a list of haters reading this blog right now. Your gorgeous. Your whole is beautiful. I'm doing the same thing with my wedding if we ever have a girl. It's such a great idea!

Kelly said...

I think I would be way too nervous to do that with my wedding dress. You really are amazing! That is such a cute idea. I never even thought to do that. I can't believe how big Reese is getting! She is so stinkin cute! Looks like you had such a ggod day. Sad we weren't able to be there. We were packing up my little sister for her big move to Maryland:( Hope all is well!

Brooke Bevan said...

I love it! You did a fab job! I have sewed many a zipper and I agree they are hard. I even had a lesson from a real seamstress and I still have a hard time with them, so good for you!!

Poppy Lane said...

I love this idea. I can only imagine how intimidating the initial cut was. It turned out perfect and so sweet. What a lucky girl to have such a talented thoughtful mom.

jenreb said...

Hey, great minds think alike! I did the same thing with my wedding dress for both of my girls, well my mom in law did the sewing. I thought it would be a better thing to be passed down from generation to generation because who ever fits into their mothers wedding dress?