Monday, November 30, 2009
Annual Tree Hunt
As tradition goes, the day after Thanksgiving we head out to the Tooele Mountains in search for our "perfect" Christmas Tree...here is our clan ready to go...
... and hiking up the mountain...
So we got to the spot we usually go and there was slim pickens , so we sent the boys up a little further to a spot we knew there was good ones... the little boys were not up for another hike so we layed low and waited for them to come back... to kill time we built a snowman...
Max rolled the head all by himself, and even shaped it too ha ha, he did awesome!!!
Brooke & Parker took the middle.... and I did the bottom...
when we were done the boys came down with two beautiful trees!!! Great timing...
.... and here is our awesome snow man!!!
I kinda stopped taking pictures at this point cause we started back down the mountain...and because Bron & I got lost...(little story here) Matt went first and we all followed... Bron was cold and was crying so I was kinda trying to follow Matt so I could get down fast, but he got away from me... I was still with the group at this point but Bron was still crying so I decided to just go and meet them down, cause they were stopped for some reason... I was 15 yards away waiting for them, but wanted to get Bron down... turns out we weren't where I thought we were and just a few minutes later Bron & I were totally LOST!!! We hiked down a part of the mountain to a road, when I got to the road I was all turned around and couldn't decide which way to go... I started going, the way I thought was down, but it turned out I was going up... (sounds weird, but I couldn't tell) I was starting to get pretty nervous and thought I would end up closer to a spot that looked familiar... turns out I was walking further & further away... Bron had to take a potty break so I decided while I was stopped I should stop yelling and listen... I heard very faint yells, then I heard my Uncle say my name... yaaayyy!!! I was found... We were only lost for probably 20 minutes or so, not long enough for me to really freak out, but I was getting scared... I was mad at myself, for even getting into the situation, I have been hiking that mountain since I was like 6 so I kinda thought I knew where to go... but turned out I didn't ... I felt bad cause we had the whole fam, like 25 people, searching and yelling for us... I got a little emotional when we saw everyone and how worried they all were... in the end it was no biggie, but for that 2o minutes I got a little taste of what it would be like to be lost in the Mountains, hopeless, and it was so weird how backwards I got... your mind doesn't think straight in situations like that... it's crazy... all sorts of things go thru your mind... I sure felt loved though... everyone immediately scattered and a search party was out looking for us... glad it wasn't a scarier situation.... Thanks to everyone for looking for us!!!! And in the end, mission accomplished we got a Christmas Tree!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love the Cubs cap that Parker is wearing! Anything Chicago is topdog at our house. And the little jester hat Bron is wearing is way cute too. Can't wait to see your tree lit up in your front window.
P.S. Glad you didn't get lost.
Sorry that is MAX wearing the Cubs hat. (here I am hogging all your comments!)
Consider us jealous. No snow here, and our tree is fake :( We are so happy to hear about the little one coming in May. May babies rule!
I looove your new bathroom. Turned out darling. Shiney and new is so fun. And your mountain story...oh man. That is so scary. And you had your little man with you. I would have freaked! Glad you're A- OK:)
Holy smokes! I'm glad you guys didn't get lost..that is so scary!
Post a Comment