Ok, so, for those who don't know, we bought Brad's grandma's house... so it's OLD, we moved in an refinished the whole house....the only thing we
didn't do was the tub and shower, we did the rest of the bathroom ... tiled, new toilet, vanity and mirror... we just didn't get to the tub & shower, kinda ran out of money and it wasn't aweful... we painted the tile (which I read you could do) and left the blue tub... well over time the poor tub & tile just got worse and worse... as you can see... I almost didn't post these pictures cause I was so embarrassed of my old tub... but since we have been able to get a NEW tub & shower I am sosoooo happy with it, and ya really can't appreciate the new without seeing how bad the old was soooo.... here is our OLD tub...

and shower....

and here is the process of taking it all out and putting up the new... our GOOD friend Tom, my new favorite person, was kind enough to do the WHOLE project for us!!!

... taking out the OLD tub...

GOODBYE blue beast...

new tub in and getting ready to tile...
putting in the NEW tile...

... and painting... I wanted something new but I HAD to paint, for some reason the yellow I had in there, which I liked and looked fine with the old stuff... looked aweful with the new stuff... I think it was the green tiles making the yellow look horrific...

BEFORE

and AFTER, I LOVE the grey

and I LOVE, LOVE, my new clean, white, beautiful tub...

and tile...

Before....

(after)
for those who know me, know this is a big deal and just how thrilled I am with the whole thing, I can't thank my friend Tom enough for all he did for us!!! I know it's just a bathroom, but I'm so grateful to have it done!!! I feel like my house is complete now...

so ya my bathroom is my new favorite thing, I find myself going in there just to look at it... simple things... make me happy... well not so simple to Tom, but ya know what I mean...
4 comments:
It looks SO GOOD. What a ton of work, but it turned out great.
I am so glad you posted about this because I have wanted to come see it. but we both know how much I leave my house these days. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Maybe I can come take a bath:). It looks awesome!
love the new bathroom. bet that is so nice to have done. also love the new t.p. it is alot bigger and improved from the last ones i have been in. im sure bryce is sad he doesnt live here to enjoy it with the boys. that was always so much fun snow shoeing to the t.p.
See you tonight! it will be fun to see everyone. feels like its been forever.
Love the pics. "Before and after's" are the best!
Post a Comment