Monday, August 17, 2009

Jam!!!

Well it's that time of year again... summer is winding down which means it must be time to make Jam...!!! My sisters and I have made jam for the last several years now.... and I LOVE it, it is so fun to get together and laugh and smash berries... it is messy but worth it all... we just do the freezer jam... and we do a raspberry, strawberry mix... we seem to always forget which kind of pecton to buy and what works best... so we wrote it all down this year so we don't forget... since some of us have bad memories and can't even remember who's house we make jam at... he he heanyways... it all turned out great, I think I got 11 jars out of two cases of strawberries and a flat of raspberries.... (from costco) so hopefully it will last me all year... until we make it again... we'll see....

cute baby boone... making a mess with the markers...
Bron and Owen our " two, twin, toe headed, trouble makers...."

... after jam we played in the water outside... and hung out, the kids had lots of fun !!!



Thanks Kara for letting us do it at your house (again), I love this little tradition, it's so fun!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT SOME JAM!!!!!!!!

the north's said...

strawberry/raspberry combo yummy! are you willing to share a recipe, we are doing jam this week???

Tom and Annie said...

fun, fun! so that's what you were doing ALL DAY! he he.