Well we headed down to Rexburg, Idaho for our Annual Rabbitstick Adventure!!!
Funny story here at the beginning of our little trip:
we stopped at Chevron in Pocatello Idaho, to fill up and take a bathroom break,
Brad walked in to pay for gas while I was getting the kids ready to get out of the car and go in to go potty,
I got all the shoes on and got everybody out of the car and into the Gas Station, handed Reese off to have Brad change her diaper while I took the boys to the bathroom,
came out got everyone back in the car, Reese was changed so we loaded up and headed on our way,
hopped back on the highway, nice quick stop... back on the road
-Brad looks down-
Brad: Didn't you fill up with gas?!
Jen: No! Didn't you?! Did you TELL me to fill up with gas??? Why would I fill up with gas, I took the kids to the bathroom... you paid for it, how would I know how much to pump??!
Brad: Aaahh *&#$
Brad: I thought I saw you doing it...
(I had shut the gas "door" to open the van door to get the kids out of the van)
Brad: I thought I saw you doing it...
(I had shut the gas "door" to open the van door to get the kids out of the van)
Jen: No, I was dealing with the kids, and you didn't tell me to... What are we going to do? Turn around? Keep going??
Brad: (no comment) Gets on phone, calls Chevron, explains what just happened... gets it all figured out so we can fill up on the way home...
Problem Solved!
It was quite funny! And I'm proud to say this was not an argument, could have been a disaster, but we just laughed, and I snapped a pic to remember this funny moment! Nice thinking of Brad's part, cause once you hop back on the highway here, there's really not a place to hop right back off and turn around, so we were either out $25 bucks or delayed a good 40 minutes... and luckily we were still at half tank! Or it may have been more than a conversation!
Good Times already!
Anyhoooo's! We got there and set up camp, and that first night was a disaster... Reese was not adjusted to where we were and what we were doing, so she cried until 2:00am, at which point Brad took her and drove around and they eventually slept in the car for the night... the next night and each night after that were a much better experience and she slept through our remaining nights there!!
The boys found a kid "their" age {Parker's age} and played with him a lot! This was them sneaking around doing who knows what?!
Home Sweet Home! All 6 if us squished nicely into this SpringBar Tent!
Reese loved the fire!! Notice her cute little friend James there! Braun and Joy Wescott's cute son, just a little younger than her!
Breakfast time!
... a few pics of the classes that go on there...
There are kids classes too! Parker loved it! They played some Botany Card game! He got pretty good!
Fire Making
I think this was a class on arrow making
Pottery
... and lots of pretty things to buy
this guy here will keep you entertained for days...
Me and Bron chillen at the kids class!
Brad's Moving Targets Class
always a big hit!
He gets a Stuffed Bunny and ties it to a remote control car, and drives it around this field and lets everybody shoot at it!
arrows, rabbitsticks, atlatls, tomahawks, you name it! All go a fly'n...
Parker is actually a pretty good shot with a bow, I was impressed! Max enjoyed throwing anything he could find, sticks and rocks!!
Our good friend Semisi joined us for a couple of days! Fun to have him come! We try and talk people into coming every year and nobody ever does, glad he did! We love Semisi!!
There is ALWAYS beautiful night skies at Rabbitstick! Idaho is a gorgeous country!
Some more of P's classes... he did some knot tying and rope making... They built Shelters, went on Nature Walks, learned first Aid... stuff like that...
Second day of B's class, they got it good this time!!
Always fun around the fire at night, music and drums!
few more shots of camp
... and the boys snappen a pic with Cody! Cody Lundin has a show called Duel Survivor, it's on cable which we don't have, but the boys have seen it several times, and they love it! They love it even more cause we tell them we know Cody from Rabbitstick, so they were kinda excited to see him and tell him they watch his show!! He was cute with them and nice to snap a quick pic!
AND I love this picture of Bron, he was sprinting to the wood pile to grab some more stuff to throw on the fire, he saw me with the camera (and knows me all too well) stopped dead in his tracks, struck a pose and said "cheeeese"! It was pretty dang funny! And he's sooo cute!!
We had a grand ol' time and good ol' Rabbitstick!! Reese is at a hard age, she did great but I did a lot of following her around, but it was ok... the boys were in heaven and loved every second of it! So much freedom and no baths! It was a good time I'm glad we went!! We got to catch up with old friends, we went to dinner one night and went swimming at the hot pots with them, we've made lots of good friends there and it's always fun to see them all! Until next year!

1 comment:
That makes me sad we didn't go. Our kids would of had a blast together. I keep saying we are going to go but it seems like things are so crazy during those weeks. We always have a race or something. Looks way fun!!
Post a Comment