Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Reese's Birth

I had a Dr. appointment April 28th, checked weight, blood pressure, etc. measured belly which was 34 cm. I had started measuring small several weeks before this so we had been doing ultra sounds to check on her... we did another ultra sound that day to check the fluid again, it was pretty low... it's not supposed to be below 5 and mine was a 6 so we scheduled another ultra sound for the 30th of April... we also however stripped my membranes, and I was dilated to a 3... it worked cause April 29th at 2:00 AM I started having contractions... I woke up and knew this was it! It was right away, different though... my other labors have been pretty fast so I expected for the contractions to really get going and us to be out the door within the hour or half hour... but it actually went slower this time?? So I woke up at 2 and waited thru them for an hour an half, still thinking they would pick up, I woke up Brad at 3:30 ... timing the contractions this whole time... I started to question it all around 4:00, past labors I would be so ready to go!!! But it was still staying kinda slow... so Brad and I sat around ... well Brad layed there half asleep while I paced the floors trying to decide what to do... at 4:30 I decided I wanted to go to the hospital the contractions were not painful but were 3 minutes apart and I know my body and knew they weren't going to stop... so we called Brad's mom at 4:30 and asked her to come over... she got there around 5 and we headed to the hospital!!! We got there and got started... they had me change and then hooked me up to all the stuff, then they checked to see where we were... I was dilated to a 5 so they admitted me and then we just kinda hung out ha ha... It was weird to have it go so much slower this time... I had prepared myself (sort of) for another fast labor and was ready to go no epidural.... however when the 4 hours (my usual labor time) had come and gone I knew this was different and did NOT prepare myself for hours of labor... so at 7:00 I decided I would go ahead and get the epidural, the contractions were strong at this point, I actually got the epidural at like 7:30. Then the next time they checked me I was dilated to a 7... I went from a 7 to a 9 fairly quickly but it took what seemed like a long time to get to a 10, they kept coming in and checking me thinking I would be ready and I wasn't... they came in probably 4 times and said 20-30 more minutes... but finally around 11 or a little after I was ready!!!! So 5-10 minutes of pushing and SHE WAS HERE!!!!
It is times like this that I wish I was more of a writer so I could put into words how one feels when you bring a child into this world. You find out your pregnant and you have 9 months of carrying this child inside you, you plan for them to come, you pick a name, you buy them clothes, wash them and put them away, you clean your house and make to-do lists you keep yourself as busy as possible nearer the end cause your so anxious for them to come! You complain cause your body is ready for this child to come out! And then just like that, they're here!!! You did it!!
That first cry! Reese weighed in at 6lbs 6 oz.

I was so overcome when I held her for the first time and looked at her beautiful face!! I had waited so long for this and now here she was!!!! After we had finally decided we would have another child we had tried to get pregnant for about a year, then I got pregnant and miscarried, then it took another 7 months and a dose of clomid for us to get pregnant again, which I know isn't a long time compared to some but it was a challenge for me.... it was then the longest 9 months of my life, and the last 2 weeks felt like 9 months!!! We were so thrilled for this moment to actually be happening! The instant LOVE is indescribable!!!


Our perfect baby GIRL!!!!



6 comments:

{We Are The Wade's} said...

Those pictures are so cute! Love them!

Courtney said...

I love birth stories, there really is nothing like it! Those are some great pictures..you look great and your little girl is precious!

Kelly said...

She is beautiful!! Seeing her makes me want to do it all over again. I bet your boys love her
to death and its probably so much fun to see them with a little baby sister. Congrats!

jenreb said...

Sometimes the things we go through to get these little angels here makes us love them so much more. She is so beautiful. I know my first little girl, I just couldn't stop looking at here. The love is instant, and you just can't believe what you did with the help of Heavenly Father! There is nothing like it in the whole world. Congratulations!! You guys did good!

MandaJ said...

Congratulations! She is such a cutie. The picture of you looking at eachother made me cry. It's perfect.

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

I loved reading both post's about the boy and the birth! Amazing story, I can't believe how slow it went, seriously I'll bet you were dying. But you did great! I love all the pictures, you all look so happy. Reese is just beautiful. Like a doll. Congrats again.
P.S your a wonderful Mom!