Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rabbitstick~

We have just returned from our annual Rabbitstick trip...We took David Holiday up with us this year, he needed a ride, and it worked out that he could come with us so we picked him up and hit the road! David Holiday is a legend in the Rabbitstick world... he is a big time Survival Expert and even helped in the Movie CastAway...

We stopped by Brooke and Matt's place so I could borrow Brookes camera... I have just started working for Eastman Adams Photography, taking school pictures, so I am REALLY getting to know the camera well, like I've always wanted too!! I thought Rabbitstick would be the perfect place to do some practicing,... so until I get my own NICE camera I will borrow Brookes!!

So... this post is actually more for my own sake of comparing all the pics I took over the weekend... 

I took every pic manually so I set all :settings: The ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed! For a Rookie I am pretty happy with how they turned out
-too dark-


We stopped at a Rest Stop just as the Sun was setting, got a few ok pics here
playing with the shutter speed

t

I sat down by the fire and was messing with the Aperture, I'm struggling the most with understand this one...
below... too dark obviously...
Zoomed in and adjusted a few things... better
Couple of shots of the river that runs around the property...



Clay

messing with some focusing
the kids came and dumped grass all over Brennon, and thought it was hilarious...
cute baby Cole
too bright...
still too bright..
just right!
too dark
better..
cute James playing Brads drum with our new friend Leah, 
and Reese eating Broccoli and an Oreo!??

Brads class ::moving targets::




Brennon and his cute girls
Lindsey and Cole



The kids playing and being silly

Cute James again,my friend Joys son...
 eating dinner, haha he was loving this, just made a little mess














cropped this to the the one below...

a few pretty shots of the farm fields, gotta love Idaho!!!


we had a lotta fun, and I'm glad I was able to play with the camera! I've always loved photography and feel I have a pretty good eye for it, I did A LOT of reading and did less shooting than I wanted to but got a few pics and am understanding the camera better..
 I'm super excited to start working again and to do something I am in to!


No comments: