Monday, July 12, 2010

Island Park Getaway

July 8 2010,
We loaded up and headed to Island Park for the weekend, a five hour drive later, we found ourselves at "grandpa's cabin" we had sooo much FUN!!!

there was a local dog who made his way over to the cabin, we played catch with him and his slobber covered ball for a good hour.... Parker LOVED this dog! Too bad bud we're NOT getting a dog for a couple more years!
We went looking for a place to for the kids to go fishing, I snapped these pictures along the way...


We ended up going to some ranger station to ask for the best place, they directed us to this kids pond... apparently it's great fishing! Well all the fish were apparently busy, or gone visiting there other fish friends at a different pond cause there were NO fish here... but the kids had fun and got an IDEA of what fishing is kinda like....
the poles got a little tangled on the way there... "little knot here"... Owen, Brooke, Boone, Matt
Kara & Carter
Elli & Grammy
Reese was chillen in the back of the van or with Uncle Matt...

Bron, Parker & Brad
Max
Jesse & Owen
Parker & Bron
Bron
You'll notice there was a lot of sitting around and holding fishing poles, NO FISH... ha ha, oh well!
~
We also did a little River Rafting... which was my favorite part of the whole trip! We rode down the Snake River I think the Henry's Fork, Last Chance area... I was a little nervous when I heard why it's called Last Chance... apparently Mesa Falls is a bit further down the River... after the first run though I was fine... the River is very mild and there are actually plenty of chances to get out of the River before you'd go over the falls!
me & Kara ~~~ Carter & Parker in the boat... Brad, Kalli, Kara, Jen, Matt.
Jesse showing off his muscular farmer tan & sweet 'old school' life vest
Sydney & Boone, Bron, Owen, & Max
me, Jesse, Matt~Kara, Boone, Sydney, Owen~ Max Brad, Bron, Pa-Pa & Brooke
off we go! So much FUN!
sun setting view off the front porch of "grandpas cabin"
Bruce cooking bacon on the BBQ
on Saturday we went for a hike...






... then back to the cabin for tin~foil dinners and s'mores!!
Then Sunday we loaded up, cleaned the cabin and went and saw a couple of sights before heading for home... this place was called Big Springs... it was Beautiful!! The water was so clean & clear!!! you could see right into the bottom at all the river rock & vegitation! It was fabulous!!!


looking into the River...




Matt found a little water snake, that the boys were intriged by!

Then we wondered over to see Mesa Falls! They were beautiful as well!
We had lots of Fun in Island Park and pretty much decided this would have to be a new tradition!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Jen this looks like SO much fun! Glad you guys had a good time. :)

{We Are The Wade's} said...

I've been river rafting once and loved every second, I need to go again! Looks like it was alot of fun. Camping trips are always the best kind.

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! We are actually going there in a couple weeks. Bryce's fam has a cabin up there. We always go to Big Springs too and feed the fish. Such a fun and pretty place!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

WOW! it looked amazing there... Every photo was just gorgeous. I love camping out. I cant wait to do things like that with the family. Hope your all well!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I have to take my boys there...they would LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

K- first of all, your family is ADORABLE!!!! Reese is getting so dang big! Looks like Island Park was a blast! Second of all- you can tell Jesse that he is the funniest person EVER! Man, Steve and I get a kick outta him! Miss you!