Saturday, February 13, 2010

Maxi

Max turned 5!! Most mom's say "I can't believe he's FIVE..." I've said it myself, but it's different in Max's case... I feel like he should be turning 7 or 12 he's just not your average 5 year old... he says, does, and acts older than he is... if you KNOW Max you KNOW what I mean... anyways...

He wanted a Pirate Party!!! So that's what he got! We had a little Birthday Party for him on the 6th, the Saturday before his birthday! We have started a new thing where the kids, starting at age 5, get a friend party, and from then on, every OTHER year... so odd years friend party, even years, family... So Max got a friend party this year!!!
We invited 6 kids over... they put their presents in our Treasure chest
We started off by playing a few games... first (no picts) was hide the Pirate Key... one kid hid a key the others played hot & cold to find it... then we played Pirate, Pirate, Skallywag!!! If you didn't guess, our version of duck, duck, goose... We then played Don't hold the BOMB!! I played pirate music while they passed around a bomb I made out of a ball, jute, and a black garbage bag... when the music stopped, the kid holding the BOMB, was out!!
We played a hook hands relay race... we split them up into two groups, and each kid, took turns wearing hooks on their hands... they had to race down the hall, pick up a gold beaded necklace and take it back, then pass the hooks onto their team mate, first team done, WON!! It was pretty fun...
Then we of course had a treasure hunt... I gave EACH kid a treasure map, and hid clues all around the house, each clue hidden also had a piece of Pirate attire, for each kid to put on... in the end they all had on bandana's, a wrap on their arm, a hook on their hand, a patch, a tattoo, and a scar...

then they were lead to the treasure, hidden in the yard.... they seemed to LOVE it all!!
when all the games were done, we opened presents and had cake!!!
he had a pirate ship cake for his party, and had a blast with all his little pirate friends!!! He was very cute about it all, he said how fun it was and made sure to tell me thank you!!
SUNDAY...
Was his actual birthday, we have 9 o' clock church so we typically open two presents before church and the rest after we get home...
he has been asking for a new backpack, the one he had was kinda small, and he didn't like how it made his papers all messed up... he LOVES the new BIG backpack!! I LOVE this picture of him, he is so stinken cute!!! RRR I just love my maxi!!!
he got a few other things like a blow up punching bag, and MIGHTY beans... as seen on TV (thank you, Target) he was excited to get both!!!

later that night we went to my moms for dinner, super bowl stuff, and more presents for Max....

He wanted a Jack Sparrow cake... yes that is WHO that is SUPPOSED to be... I like making fun cakes, but it's nearly impossible to make "humans" so ya this cake is Priitty crappy but what can ya do??? The kid got what he wanted... right?
Parker wanted me to take pictures of him... doing this... and other funny things... I like Jesse in the background
and for some reason all the younger kids were standing on the table saying something like me, me, my turn... I don't remember why, but they looked cute...
We also had a party with Brads family MONDAY night at CLASSIC SKATING... I usually have my camera on me 24/7 but Monday was very stressful day, and we were lucky we even made it to Classic... but it was FUN as well... just no picts to show for it... anyhoo, Happy Birthday Max Kougar!!! What would we do with out you, he brings lots of entertainment, to say the least, into our family WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: