
We wanted to get away for the weekend so with some last minute planning we round up some friends to go with us to Midway, our friends Tom and Annie came with us...(and Ben and Tricia were there in spirit) ( we missed you) we went to Ogden first and ate dinner at GoodWood.... we had to go there to drop off some things for their nephew who was sending his girlfriend on a scavenger hunt, with a purposal ending.... it was a cute idea... so we ate there while the "girlfriend" joined us for a bit to scarf down some wings as part of her "to do" list... anyways so we had dinner then headed up Ogden Canyon to Midway, we stayed at Brad's dad's cabin... and we went to the Hot Pots they have up there...

we met our friend Jed and his brother BJ up there ... (courtney you were missed too)it was an interesting experince I have never been to a "natural" hot springs... and by natural I guess I mean swampy... I've been to indoor natural hot springs... but this was crazy... it was .... well HOT!!! surprisingly hot! there was a little spot that was "damed" off so it was cooler and we hung out there the most .... it was a fun adventure I'm just glad it was dark, cause who knows what else was lurking about.

Jed, BJ, Tom and Andrea


Brad -Me- Tom-and Andrea...

Afterwards the four of us went back to the cabin and played pool, and fuse ball, Andrea kicked our butt's in pool we played individually keeping track of our score by the number ball you hit in, she got like 50 Tom and Brad got like 2o something... and I got 3... ya 3... hhmm oh well it was fun, Then we played best out of 3 in fuse ball sadley Tom and I lost it was pretty intense though... and my arm really does still hurt from playing so hard... ha ha... then I think we spent the remainder of our evening playing 1-100, a dice game, and ended up playing hang man... we stayed up till about 2 something... it was a fun evening withOUT the kids, Thanks ma an Pa for watching the chillies, they didn't want to come home.... and thanks to Ken & Mary for letting us stay at the Cabin...gotta love a quick overnighter to refresh us from the kids... We had a blast!
3 comments:
haha tell brad i said nICe muscles!!!!
so jealous, even more so now looking at the photos! glad you guys had fun.
Thanks for the weekend! While up at 2am, doodling on the paper (the art game was way fun too!) I was thinking that I don't ever feel like I have time to just sit and do nothing and it felt really good, to really relax and not think about what I've got to do next. It was a great refresher (away from the kids anyway, because I was a zombie the next day!) Thanks, love ya! And yes Tricia, missed you guys! Next time . . .
Post a Comment