Friday, December 21, 2012

Trimming the Tree

Well getting this years Christmas Tree was definitely unlike any other year...Because we were in Cali the day after Thanksgiving (the day we usually go hunt for our Christmas Tree in the Tooele Mountains) we missed it... so we found ourselves at a tree lot just down the road, and it was awful... No good trees, they were all way to full and way to perfect. It was totally weird to pick it out and strap it to the roof of the car... buut hey we can say we've had that experience now...



after we got the tree I actually went downtown to the Road Home and helped serve dinner to the people there... it was a really great experience. I Walked away with gratitude in my heart for the many blessings I have every day!!!! So grateful too for the wonderful women I am surrounded by in my life! These women are amazing!

Got home, hugged my kids and was a little more grateful to have a home and a Christmas tree to put in my warm, safe home... as we decorated it and I told my kids about my experience. It was a good night!
Bron and his ornament
Max
Reese


Parker
Max putting on one of our Disneyland Ornaments
Brad and I putting on our ::First Christmas:: ornament

Reese putting on the star

Family photo!
Love, Love this time of year! Such great feelings of love and gratitude!



*Side note- The tree is totally dead! Ugh! It's going to be such a pain taking off the ornaments and lights, its going to make a huge mess! More grateful for our family tradition of cutting down our own tree, that is fresh! And doesn't die~

No comments: