Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last year in single digits...

Well our Parker has celebrated his 9th Birthday... his last year in single digits... I bring this up because he has already brought it to my attention that next year he will be in the "double digits"... holy cow how time flys!!! We took him & some of his bros to Airborne, they loved it and got nice and sweaty!!!
We took lots of sweet pics of them jumping into [THE PIT!]
Carter
Max
Camden
Cole
Parker
Bron

& Brad
They played an intense game of dodge ball that was fairly entertaining...
we then came back to our pad and they played some xbox, ate pizza, had cake and opened presents...
he had a blast, and has the cutest little friends that I just love!!


[Sunday] March 27, 2011
we woke up and had waffles, bacon, & strawberries... some of Park's favorites!
opened presents... went to church...
 we went to dinner at Nanny's & celebrated with Brad's family... Nanny got Park, Toys Story 3 Xbox game, and they LOVE it!!! They had to come home and play it right away... he got hooked up with whoppers, cash, movies & other cute presents... 
~rock on Max~
Monday we celebrated again with the "Bevan's"...
Parker requested a half chocolate half white cake... this one turned out great! (the one I made on Sunday was totally tipsty... but still cute (once cut) and tasted fine)haha
It was a fun way to do a cake... gone are the days of spider man, and Toy Store themed cakes for this kid :(
opened presents... he got hooked up with some fun stuff and cute new clothes!!



yayyy group photo!!!
Happy Birthday to my awesome Parker... Parker is seriously one good kid! He is my most sincere child, who is always concerned for other people and there feelings... he has such a sweet, sensitive side that tears at my heart strings.
He gives me sincere thank yous with hugs all the time... If he ever gives me attitude he immediately recognizes it and apologizes for it... He always wants to make the right choices and is such a good example to his siblings. He has come to accept his role as the oldest child and is willing to take on the responsibility of being that good example...He loves playing with Reese and is always taking care of her and loves to make her laugh. He is a really good student and tries really hard in school. He is our all star soccer player and loves the sport! It is so much fun to watch him play. He is really fast and adopted the nick name {bullet} from his soccer coach last year, is has stuck with him and all his cute soccer buddies call him that. He is starting to come into who he is and has made true efforts to be his best self and to learn from the things in life that are hard for him. He is just a true joy. Brad and I are always catching ourselves recognizing those "parent moments" where you just look at each other and are proud of who that child has become! I love this kid!!!

I had to post these cute baby pictures of Park... he was such a cute baby!!! I'm not kidding when I say EVERYWHERE I went people would always tell me how cute he was!!!

oooh look at that face!! I miss this little guy!! He grew up too fast!
and this picture... it is crazy to look back on this time, I was a very different person then...so young, so much to learn... cute Parker has played such a role in my life to help me grow and mature and influence who I am today!! I wouldn't be where I am without some help from this little guy, he has helped me every step of the way... all my kids have,of course, we learn so much from each child... but Park was there from the very beginning... we think we are teaching our children how to be their best, and make the best decisions, we teach them right from wrong and to treat others nice, and to learn from their mistakes... all these things to try and make them better people... you've heard it before and I agree, and think it's the other way around, they are teaching us!! And I know I am better person, thanks to the 4 little people who call me mom!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Happy Birthday Parker! What an awesome birthday weekend! He was an adorable baby. Those eyes... I almost didn't recognize you with short hair...it looks so cute on you!

the north's said...

cute post for cute Parker! Made me think of how Carter has helped me grow a little too. Love love love it, Happy last digit year Park!

MandaJ said...

Great post! It's amazing how these "oldest" kids change life.