Tuesday, February 15, 2011

goodbye blankie...

So the other night, my mom watched my kids, and we forgot Bron's belove-ED blankie!! {which we usually take over with us} let's just say he cried for an hour, {Thank You mother for putting up with him..} so we decided it was time to take it away .. only to be given back at night for bedtime... Bron LOVES his blankie we have slowly been trying to take it away, he used to take it everywhere, I even made a smaller version a while back that he had on him 24/7 that has been gone for a while, and he was down to having it at home and we would take it to my moms.. he no longer took it to church, or the store... but beings that he is still attached, we must take it away at home too!! SO that's what we've been doing, I put it in my room and LOCK the door, this is what he was doing one day, trying to get it back..

Attempt #1: he put the towel over him thinking he was 'hidden'... nice try bud, but I CAN SEE you!! and I KNOW what your doing... (he had something and was trying to pick the lock)

BUSTED!!!

Attempt #2: He is now trying to reach the key which  he knows is on the ledge of the door frame...

Attempt #3:  red shovel to reach the key, or knock the key off??

Attempt #4: consisted of him putting another stool on top of this stool, it was at this point that I stepped in and gave him the speech of "that is NOT safe, and what do you think will happen if you do manage to get the key???"...
... THIS NEXT picture is NOT him succeeding in his attempts... this is him today, {I did not lock my room} he found it and was hiding behind the drapes, sucking his thumb... 

ooh my Bronson, as much as I don't want you to grow up, the blankie does have to go and the thumb sucking must stop... funny, that now that the blankie is gone, he sure sucks his thumb a LOT LESS!! Hmm what do ya know... lets hope he continues to NOT suck his thumb... and Bed Time is a BREEZE!! He has been pretty good so far, he will fuss for a bit when I tell him it's time to put the blankie up, but he no longer trys to break into my room... and he does NOT cry for an HOUR,... slowly but surely he'll get it down!  Oh how I love you kiddo! 
this did NOT continue, he was immediately sent out, and the door was locked!


Photobucket

2 comments:

{We Are The Wade's} said...

Thats funny! Your too nice.

I would take the blankie away all together. Bosotn had one of Ben's blankets that he LOVED and it was getting holes and all sorts of ruined. So we took it away one night and hid it. He asked for it maybe twice and then forgot about it!! Too bad you cant take away his thumb haha!

Kristin said...

Awww Jen! That last picture breaks my heart!!! :( Glad to know he's getting by ok now. Your babies are growing up!